Risultati di ricerca
con K2 Items e Tipo , e con Elenco Pubblicazioni - Publications e K2 Category , e con VINCENZO MAFFIONE e Author sono stati trovati i seguenti risultati:
- G. Lettieri, V. Maffione, L. Rizzo: "A Study of I/O Performance of Virtual Machines", The Computer Journal, 28 September 2017
- In this study, we investigate some counterintuitive but frequent performance issues that arise when doing high-speed networking (or I/O in general) with Virtual Machines (VMs). VMs use one or more single-producer/single-consumer systems to exchange I/O...
- K. Yasukata, F. Huici, V. Maffione, G. Lettieri and M. Honda: "HyperNF: Building a High Performance, High Utilization and Fair NFV Platform", ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC) , September 2017
- Network Function Virtualization has been touted as the silver bullet for tackling a number of operator problems, including vendor lock-in, fast deployment of new functionality, converged management, and lower expenditure since packet processing runs on...
- G. Lettieri, V. Maffione, L. Rizzo: "A survey of fast packet I/O technologies for Network Function Virtualization", VHPC 2017, 12th Workshop on Virtualization in High-Performance Cloud Computing
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) aims at bringing the benefits of virtualization to network middleboxes (routers, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, . . . ). In the last few years the NFV use-case, initially hampered by the poor performance...
- Luigi Rizzo, Stefano Garzarella, Giuseppe Lettieri, Vincenzo Maffione: "A Study of Speed Mismatches Between Communicating Virtual Machines", IEEE/ACM ANCS 2016, Santa Clara, March 2016
- This work addresses an apparently simple but elusive problem that arises when doing high speed networking on Virtual Machines. When a VM and its peer (usually the hypervisor) process packets at di erent rates, the work required for synchronization...
- Luigi Rizzo, Giuseppe Lettieri, Vincenzo Maffione: "Very high speed link emulation with TLEM", 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN)
- In this work we discuss the limitations of link emulators based on conventional network stacks, and present our alternative architecture called TLEM, which is designed to address current high speed links and be open to future speed improvements. TLEM...
- Vincenzo Maffione, Luigi Rizzo, Giuseppe Lettieri: Flexible Virtual Networking using netmap passthrough, IEEE Lanman 2016, Rome, June 2016
- The rising interest in Network Function Virtualiza- tion (NFV) requires Virtual Machines (VMs) to operate with diversified networking workloads, from traditional, bulk TCP transfers to novel ones featuring extremely high packet rates. In response,...
Risultati 1 - 6 di 6